Thursday 9 February 2012

I've met Moira again!
















Yippee! I met Moira, the only Lady Yeoman Warder of the Tower there's ever been in centuries, they are known to the world as Beefeaters, but who wouldn't eat beef? Yummie!
I havn't seen her in a while and began to wonder, shes nice to me and George and I was getting worried. I've noticed recently there hasn't been any Beefeaters in the sentry box at the Tower of London's west entrance, by the draw bridge they used to keep Lions under, only civilian security guards in the opposite box. But last night I heard her familiar voice calling me again. After a while it emerged they are too cold and hide in the cosy guard room nearby, I guess it takes another woman to change that, men are so soft!
One of these days I'm going to persuade her to take me past the gate and into the Tower, I want to see these Ravens for a start....and the 'chopping block' George mentioned. Sounds like where the Beef comes from? OK, this is further proof the fairer gender is the stronger one!
Woof! Woof!..it's snowing again, poor men.

2 comments:

  1. LOL Yogi!

    You must have fun playing in the snow. Do you make snow angels? My Mollie used to love to make doggie snow angels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Exciting .. It would be very awesome if you could get inside the tower & see the wise woman Moira at work with RAVENS .. I am excited for you .. let me know how you go ..we need to know why the sentries have shifted .. Love to You .. Big Bonks on the side & a scruff up on the turn around <3

    ReplyDelete